Welcome to the University of Arkansas
Welcome to the Operations Management Program!
This New Student Orientation is designed specifically for new students as an official welcome to the Operations Management Graduate Program. This orientation webpage will improve your program awareness and increase your readiness for your first semester in the program. Listed below are the learning objectives for our new student orientation. I hope you find the information helpful as you pursue your MSOM degree.
- Introduce student and program expectations
- Introduce resources and services available to support your success in the program including our website and the Student Handbook
- Develop necessary skills to successfully register/enroll in courses each term through the University registration system, UAConnect
- Introduce program requirements to assist in developing a degree plan
- Develop necessary skills to successfully navigate BlackBoard, our learning management system, and ProctorU, our online exam proctoring service.
- Download this PowerPoint presentation to review student and program expectations.
- Are you ready to be a online student? Take an online readiness quiz
- Download this PowerPoint Presentation to review program requirements.
- For additional requirements for international students click Download this PowerPoint presentation.
UAConnect is a web-based student information system that manages your student data. Once you receive UAConnect access, follow this link to an infographic that shows you how to log in to your UAConnect account.
UAConnect E-Learning tutorials
The tutorials below will help you navigate UAConnect for course enrollment.
- Enroll in Classes - PDF tutorial
- Swap a Class - PDF tutorial
- Drop a Class - PDF tutorial
- Official Withdrawal - PDF tutorial
- For more information visit the UAConnect Help Page
Need further assistance?
- University of Arkansas Offices (PowerPoint)
- University of Arkansas Library Resources for Operations Management (video)
- Student Technical Support and Tutorials
What is the tuition/fee refund policy?
The University of Arkansas Office of the Registrar sets the policy for tuition/fee refunds. If you are considering dropping a course and/or withdrawing from the term, we advise you to speak with the Office of the Registrar to determine any refund you may or may not receive. The refund schedule is posted on their site here, but it is extremely confusing given that we are an 8-week term program working in a 16-week semester schedule. The stated policy may not apply to your situation depending on what term it is and when you drop the course or when you withdraw from the term. We highly suggest you speak with the Office of the Registrar (Julie Rogers 479-575-5451) to determine your refund. If you are considering dropping a course, please do so BEFORE the start of the term to ensure a full refund.