TextbooksTo order textbooks from the University of Arkansas Bookstore:
- Visit the UA Bookstore and click on “Buy Textbooks.” Agree to the textbook disclaimer and use the interactive online system to find your class.
- Select the Term, then the Department (OMGT). Next, select the course number and the section you are enrolled in. IMPORTANT: When searching for 8-Week-2 (8W2) sessions, you might need to select "ORDER HERE (Term2)" in the section number box if that option is present.
- ProctorU (our online proctoring service) requires eTextbooks to be downloaded to the PC from which open-book exams are taken. At this time, ProctorU does not support the use of iPads, Kindles, cell phones, or alternate devices during open-book exams.
- Textbooks are necessary to adequately prepare for the comprehensive exam at the end of the program. It is important to ensure you have long-term access to the eTextbook for future use, so pay close attention to the Inclusive Access download instructions for eTextbooks. Think twice about selling books back at the end of each session, as you will need them to study for the comprehensive exam.
- For courses not using Inclusive Access, order with time for delivery well in advance of the class start date. Students are expected to have the textbook on the first day of class for each session. In our 8-week accelerated classes, not having the book for even a few days can cause students to fall significantly behind in their coursework.
Frequently Asked Questions
Inclusive Access textbooks provide easy access to course materials at a reduced cost
to the student.
For OMGT courses using Inclusive Access Textbooks, the materials are available the first day of class through Blackboard. Students are charged for the textbook through the day after enrolling in the course, and the charge will show as "Inclusive Access Course Material."
Access your e-textbook(s) from the VitalSource link on the left column of your Blackboard course. You can also access them on the VitalSource.com website. If you have multiple classes using inclusive access/e-textbooks, they will ALL be located on the “My Dashboard” then “My Library” page.
You can download the book on up to 4 devices (2 mobile and 2 desktop). The duration of access after you finish the course varies by publisher. You should create a Bookshelf account to help you access the texts after the class is over. Your Bookshelf account will also help you save from device to device, and you can also download the Bookshelf App.
Click this link to view a video tutorial for how to use Bookshelf.
OMGT courses become available to students in Blackboard approximately 2-3 days before the session begins. If needed, your instructor will provide specific access directions or communication.
Note:OMGT 5783 – Project Management and OMGT 5983 – Advanced Project Management use the same textbook.
Vitalsource support is available 24/7 via live chat, text, or phone. Click this link to contact Vitalsource directly if you have an issue. You should also notify your instructor if you encounter an issue.
As long as you drop the course by the specified date, you can be refunded for the cost of the Inclusive Access content.
If you decide you don’t want to participate, you must OPT-OUT of the e-textbook/inclusive access material. The OPT-OUT option will be provided to you in an email from Inclusive Access, and the opt-out deadline is a week after the start of each session. If you choose to opt out, you should contact your instructor to be sure you are obtaining the correct material on your own. The OPT-OUT option will be provided to you in an email from Inclusive Access the day after you enroll in the class, so make sure you save this email.
Visit the UA Bookstore, click on “Buy Textbooks”, and agree to the textbook disclaimer. Then, use the interactive online system to find your class. Select the Term, then the Department (OMGT), select the course number, then select the section you are enrolled in.
When searching for 8-Week-2 (8W2) sessions, you must select ORDER HERE (Term2) in the section number box (see screenshot on page 2).
If you are unable to find the book this way, contact the bookstore, (479) 575-5414 or email your instructor.
PRO TIP: Save your textbooks to help you study for the comprehensive exam at the end of the program!