The Summer 2021 Comprehensive Exam Application is open.
The Comprehensive Exam includes two parts:
1) Your video and PPT presentation, and 2) A 20 minute Interview portion.
- Your first step is to apply for the comprehensive exam.
- Once your exam eligibility is confirmed, you'll be added to a Blackboard course that includes detailed information about how to prepare and submit your presentation and video.
- Next, you will upload the required materials (unofficial transcript, PowerPoint presentation, and 8-10 minute video) to Blackboard for review by the exam committee.
- After your video/presentation is reviewed by the committee and accepted as meeting the proper criteria, you will be contacted to schedule your exam.
We strongly recommend you watch this video for tips on how to deliver a quality comprehensive exam. Note that this video was recorded prior to some comp exam process changes.
- The oral portion of the exam is scheduled on a first come, first served basis so the earlier you submit your comprehensive exam materials to Blackboard, the earlier you will be able to schedule your exam.
- Your presentation/video must be uploaded by the exam deadline and then approved by the committee before you can schedule your oral exam interview. For example, if your presentation and video are uploaded to BB and accepted before June 2nd, you can schedule your exam for any open exam time on June 15th, or a later open exam date (see chart below).
- Submitting materials to Blackboard by the due date below does not guarantee an exam time will be open on all dates listed after, but if you meet the deadlines, we will ensure you can take the exam before your intended graduation semester.
- The department will contact you after your PPT and Video have been accepted to help you schedule the interview portion of the exam. If you have questions about this process, please contact your advisor.
Exam Dates and Deadlines:
|Oral Comp Exam Date||Submission Deadline|