Application Process and Requirements
Applicants apply through the online application form.
No letters of recommendation, resume, personal statement or essays are required.
An application is considered complete when the Graduate School has received all required materials.
Allow two to four weeks for admission processing.
Fall 2018 8-Week 2: September 24, 2018
Spring 2019 8-Week 1: December 13, 2018
Spring 2019 8-Week 2: February 20, 2019
Summer 2019: May 7, 2019
Fall 2019 8-Week 1: August 5, 2019
Fall 2019 8-Week 2: September 24, 2019
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (all majors
Students must have at least 60 graded semester hours of course work toward their baccalaureate degree.
GRE/GMAT is waived if you have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 from either
- The last 60 credit hours of attempted coursework or
- Cumulative GPA on conferred bachelor's degree
- If the cumulative GPA or last 60 credit hour GPA is 2.5 to 2.99, an applicant may be considered for admission by special consideration with a GRE or GMAT minimum score in the 50th percentile and a minimum of 4.0 on the analytical writing section.
For admission consideration, students who are not native speakers of English and who do not have a conferred bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university must submit a 550 paper-based score or an 80 internet-based score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Before taking any graduate classes in the Operations Management Master's program, such students must also demonstrate proficiency on one of the following tests of written English: TOEFL IBT Writing (26), ELPT (75) or GRE Analytical Writing (4.0)/GMAT Analytical Writing (4.5). International students who are not native speakers of English and who will be completing the degree outside the U.S. require higher writing scores to waive any English proficiency courses. There are no exceptions or conditional admissions with regards to these requirements.
Students who take a break from classes for a full semester (Fall 8W1 and 8W2 or Spring 8W1 and 8W2) must be readmitted to the program. To be readmitted, a student must submit the online application for admission, have at least a 3.0 graduate GPA, and be in good standing with the University. Transcripts sent with prior admission applications will still be on file, but please submit transcripts from any additional coursework. Only courses less than 6 years old can be used toward the MSOM degree.
- For Student Status, select "I am applying to the Graduate School."
Within the application form, under Application Details, select the following:
- Application Term - term in which you would like to begin coursework
- Academic Level - "Master"
- Program Delivery Type - Choose On Campus or Online depending on where you plan to take most of your coursework.
If you choose Online, a new dropdown will appear for Online Course Attendance.
You can choose "50-99% are Online" or "100% are Online". This choice does not require you to complete courses exactly as you answered on the application.
- Academic plan (major) - "Operations Management"
- If you fill out these sections correctly, you will not be asked for an application fee payment.
- Submit the online form and have one official transcript from each of your undergraduate
institutions sent to the Graduate School at the address below. For electronic transcripts,
please send them to email@example.com. If you are a recent U of A - Fayetteville graduate,
you will not need to send in your transcripts.
Graduate School and International Education
340 N. Campus Dr, Gearhart Hall 213
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701