Application Process and Requirements
Any person who wishes to earn graduate-level credit, whether as a degree-seeking student or as a non-degree-seeking student must make formal application to, and be officially admitted by, the University of Arkansas Graduate School. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Any applicant may enter the Operations Management program regardless of undergraduate major, and an advanced mathematics background is not required.
- Spring 2018 8W1 Deadline: December 13, 2017
- Spring 2018 8W2 Deadline: February 20, 2018
- Summer 2018 Deadline: May 7, 2018
- Fall 2018 8W1 Deadline: July 30, 2018
- Fall 2018 8W2 Deadline: September 24, 2018
A student applying for admission to the program must submit an official transcript from each college or university previously attended (transcripts issued to students are not considered official) Admission to the Graduate School cannot be finalized until the Application for Admission, all official transcripts from colleges and universities attended, and GRE/GMAT scores (if needed) have been received by the Graduate School The Graduate School must have the application and all official transcripts at least two weeks before the start of the term the student's first enrollment term If the entire application package has not been received by the Graduate School at least two weeks before the start of the term, the application must be deferred to the next academic term.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 either on the last 60 credit hours of attempted coursework or from all coursework from the first conferred baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution; OR
- If GPA is less than 3.0 but is at least 2.5 on either the last 60 credit hours of attempted coursework or all coursework leading up to the first undergraduate degree, applicant may be eligible for admission by special consideration. For a GPA of 2.5 to 2.99, the student will need a minimum score of 50th percentile or better and a minimum of 4.0 in the analytical writing section on the GRE or GMAT. Students must have at least 60 graded semester hours of course work toward their baccalaureate degrees.
The application for admission and supporting documents such as official transcripts and GRE/GMAT test scores (if GPA is below a 2.5) must be received by the graduate school before an application is considered complete and ready for review.
For admission consideration, students who are not native speakers of English and who do not have a conferred bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university must submit a 550 paper-based score or an 80 internet-based score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Before taking any graduate classes in the Operations Management Master's program, such students must also demonstrate proficiency on one of the following tests of written English: TOEFL IBT Writing (26), ELPT (75) or GRE Analytical Writing (4.0)/GMAT Analytical Writing (4.5). International students who are not native speakers of English and who will be completing the degree outside the U.S. require higher writing scores to waive any English proficiency courses. There are no exceptions or conditional admissions with regards to these requirements.
Students who take a break from classes for a full semester (Fall 8W1 and 8W2 or Spring 8W1 and 8W2) must be readmitted to the program. To be readmitted, a student must submit an online application (preferable) or the PDF reapplication form (on the Forms and Documents page) to their site coordinator Previous education does not need to be entered unless credit was earned during the break from the MSOM program Re-admission requires a GPA of 2.85 or greater on graduate credits attempted For those with a GPA of less than 2.85, a formal re-admission review will be conducted by the program For students who take a break for only one 8-week session, a re-admission application is not needed.
The University of Arkansas accepts registrations irrespective of race, creed, sex, color, physical handicap, or ethnic origin. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, and educational services.
To Apply to the MSOM program do NOT use Internet Explorer.
Suggested browsers are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- For Student Status, please select the blue option "I am applying to the Graduate School."
Within the application form, under Application Details, please select the following:
- Term - term in which you would like to begin coursework
- Academic level - "Master"
- Academic plan (major) - "Operations Management (MSOM)(OPMGMS)"
- If you fill out these sections correctly, you will not be asked for an application fee payment.
- Submit the online form and have one official transcript from each of your undergraduate
institutions sent to the Graduate School at the address below For electronic transcripts,
please send them to email@example.com. If you are a recent U of A - Fayetteville graduate,
you will not need to send in your transcripts.
Graduate School and International Education
340 N. Campus Dr, Gearhart Hall 213
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701